Audit and Accounts Manager
As a leading independent accountancy practice undergoing continued growth, we are seeking an Audit & Accounts Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant who is seeking a professional environment, with excellent progression and development opportunities.
Qualities and experience required:
To be considered for this role you need to be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA), ideally with Audit and Accounts preparation experience. Candidacy will be considered from newly qualified individuals to Senior Managers.
What can you expect?
- You will be planning and carrying out audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and completion, along with general accounting compliance work.
- You will be preparing financial statements, ensuring they are compliant with relevant accounting standards, whilst on occasion training others.
- You will be liaising with clients on multiple levels therefore exceptional communication skills are essential, coupled with advanced IT skills and excellent project management abilities.
Audit and Accounts Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery of high-quality audit under International Auditing Standards and non-audit services, coordinating team members in delivery of same.
- Preparation of annual accounts with knowledge of UK GAAP (including FRS 102).
- Opportunity to be involved in preparation of forecasts, grant applications and audits and financial due diligence.
- Achieving department and individual performance objectives.
- Managing administration of clients, including budgets, WIP and timely billing.
- Maintaining the highest technical and professional standards.
- Thinking strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients.
- Delivering results and managing client expectations.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitoring and control staff working on the portfolio.
- Supervising and coach, train and develop staff to develop their knowledge.
- A role model for department professionals.
- Great working location with parking
- Modern air-conditioned open plan offices
- Excellent progression and development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme in place
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Medical cover
To apply for the role, please send a covering note and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The role is based at our offices in Newport, south Wales.